Freelance Digital Marketing Assistant – SEO
Quotall Marketing is a division of Quotall Limited, a software company specialising in the UK Insurance sector.
Quotall Marketing is an ‘insurance only’ marketing agency. We work with a range of clients including regional and national insurance brokers, MGA’s and insurers. We aim to work either alongside the client businesses existing marketing team, providing strategic and tactical marketing support, or, as in an increasing number of cases, as a fully outsourced marketing department. Primarily, our work covers all of the classic digital marketing disciplines:
- Website design and development
- SEO management
- PPC management
- Website maintenance
- Email marketing
- Social Media
- Content marketing
We currently have a number of clients who we work with on a retained monthly service agreement, where we have requirement for a digital marketing assistant to manage ongoing, day to day requirements, particularly pertaining to SEO activity and reporting.
Job specification – Freelance Digital Marketing Assistant – SEO
Due to expansion, we are looking for a part time digital marketing assistant, working 16 – 20 hours a month. The requirement is weekly, so you’d need to be able to set aside 4 – 5 hours a week. You would be required to work remotely (from home) and be available to the management team via Skype / phone.
- Work day to day across a number of client accounts
- Actioning SEO requirements on a weekly basis
- Continually work on the Search Engine Optimization of the website(s)
- Fix any errors or bugs in online content
- Develop ethical and sustainable link strategy
- Develop and manage implementation of key word strategies
- Edit and post content to WP websites
- Manage Social Media accounts on behalf of clients
- Develop weekly and monthly reporting, encompassing KPI data as required.
- Confident communication skills – able to work with both internal team as well as client liaison where appropriate.
- Good English language skills – ability to copywrite / edit content as appropriate.
- Knowledge of and experience of delivering SEO activity
- Knowledge / qualification pertaining to use of Google Analytics and Search Console
- Administrative knowledge / understanding of WordPress CMS
- Familiar with SEO tools such as Moz, Screaming Frog, Yoast etc.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a minimum three years digital marketing agency experience, ideally in the financial services sector. CIM and / or relevant Google certification would be advantageous.
Reporting to: COO
Location: Office or home based, some UK travel required
Quotall is a new insurance software business transforming the way insurance products are distributed.
Established in 2010, this unique and growing business is dedicated to enabling insurance distributors and customers to e-trade using the best of 21st century technology. We provide consultancy, technology and marketing services to help a variety of clients, from small insurance brokers to multinational insurers, to distribute insurance products to customers when and where they need it, quickly and cost effectively.
We have developed a modern, market-leading, cloud-based insurance system to deliver a great customer experience in a highly flexible, low cost package. The result is a platform which we believe sets new standards for insurance e-trading.
Quotall is a fast paced, innovative and passionate company, and everyone involved is encouraged to contribute and constantly find a better way of doing things.
Working at Quotall is anything but the normal 9-5. If you want to challenge and develop your skillset then this could be the opportunity for you.
Provide a wide variety of operational support to company activities to meet the day to day needs of our clients.
Second line operations support, resolving or triaging issues raised by clients or staff that are not fixed by first line help. Provide cover for first line help.
Product build and maintenance activity, including:
- Gathering client requirements for insurance products to be configured on the Quotall platform and creating structured specifications ready for build
- Configuring insurance products, including questions, rating and underwriting expressions, documents and bordereaux
- Testing insurance product performance
Training and supporting client staff in using the Quotall platform to e-trade insurance products.
Specifying and testing tactical enhancements to the Quotall platform software.
Run, configure and distribute bordereaux reporting to clients and insurance companies, and reporting to the MID.
Way of working:
The job holder will have a small number of regular daily or monthly reporting tasks, but the majority of tasks will be assigned on a real-time basis via the company’s ticket system (DoneDone). They will vary widely from small scale, “immediate” fixes to developments and builds which could be executed over a number or weeks or months. Although priority levels will be attached to individual work items it will generally be the job holder’s responsibility (with support from their manager) to schedule their own workload in the most effective way.
Some tasks will require face to face meetings with clients e.g. requirements gathering and training, but the majority will be handled remotely using Skype, DoneDone, email and phone communications.
In a fast paced and complex work environment it is particularly important that good records of work done are maintained so that tasks can be readily re-distributed between team members.
Structured training will be provided in core software functions especially product build, but there is also a significant requirement for informal “on the job” learning.
- Communication – written and verbal
- Judgement and decision making
- Operational delivery
- Commercial awareness
- Learning skills
- Emotional strength
- Degree level education/qualifications, preferably in a technical/scientific field requiring strong logical and analytical skills
- Familiarity with coding or logical scripting languages an advantage
- Experience of technical support activities e.g. help desk, including customer facing activity
- Background understanding of general insurance an advantage but not essential
- Mid-level Microsoft Office skills