Annual Review Commentary
- Organic (SEO) traffic accounted for 6664 sessions in 2020, from just over 5400 users. This represented over 30% of all traffic to the site.
- Organic traffic accounted for 1531 conversions on site – just 2 leads less than previous year despite unusual trading conditions. All other metrics showed strong performance metrics compared with other channels:
- Lowest bounce rate of all channels
- Highest conversion rate of all channels
- longest session times
- most pages / visit
- Goal conversion % in the Google organic channel increased to 23.9%
Given the completely unique situation that the world found itself in during 2020, the digital channel for commercial insurance actually held up largely undisturbed. There was an increase in digital search activity pertaining to business insurance in March / April / early May, but this largely related to clients / consumers researching terms around business continuity. Stripping those away, the base line figures on digital search remained largely similar to previous years.
In terms of visitor volumes and sales leads, the organic channel appears to be largely static vs previous year, which is pretty remarkable given that the absence of PPC campaign will have impacted organic search via assisted conversions.
2020 Year end website
Attached here is a fully comprehensive audit of all aspects of the website as detected by SEMRush, that may impact on SEO performance.
As backstop activity, and as and when time on core / business priority activity allows, we will continue to monitor and remedy key issues as we see them requiring action and prioritisation vs budget and time available.
2021 business activity focus
Personal lines / HNW focus